It’s now December and the festive period can begin. This is the first of a few ideas I will show you guys leading up to Christmas. From cocktails and party food to your Christmas roast.
Here is a chocolate orange cocktail to keep you merry and warm this Christmas! I love chocolate orange, so I had to use this combination to make a boozy hug in a mug…. I wouldn’t recommend this cocktail for a party but its great for a cold evening in with the family around a blazing hot fire. Really simple to make and it beats your usual everyday drinking chocolate!
Ingredients – Serves 2
– 75ml Vanilla vodka
– 75ml Triple Sec
– 100g Dark Chocolate
– 600ml Milk
– 200ml cream
1. Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and heat up on the hob on a low heat.
2. Meanwhile, melt your dark chocolate in a bowl. You can do this in the microwave or over some hot water on the stove.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, pour into the saucepan and stir.
4. Once your chocolate is stirred in, pour in both the Vanilla Vodka and Triple Sec (Make sure the liquid is never brought to the boil as this will burn off the alcohol).
5. After giving the liquid a good stir over the low heat, remove the saucepan and carefully pour evenly into each cup. (Add whip cream on top if you enjoy it!)