To add some healthier options to my weekly routine, I’ve decided to experiment with some new tasty salads over the next couple of weeks. This is a really simple salad to whip up fast, yet still really enjoyable with its fresh and zesty flavour. There’s no carbs here, but the protein from the turkey steak will help you feel full and energised and the bean sprouts and radishes give the salad a crunchy texture – a light but extremely satisfying lunch.
Ingredients – Serves 1
For the marinade
- 1 tsp of ginger
- ½ tsp of garlic
- 1 green chilli
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp of fresh yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
For the Salad
- 1 turkey steak
- Handful of beansprouts
- Handful of watercress
- Small handful of chopped radishes
- ½ a lime
- Some extra coriander leaves
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender and blitz until a smooth sauce.
- Fully submerge your turkey steak into the marinade and leave overnight in a bowl covered in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, fry your turkey steak in a pan with a little oil on a medium heat for 7 – 8 minutes (based on the size of your steak).
- Whilst your turkey is cooking, prepare your salad by mixing together in a bowl the watercress, beansprouts, radishes and fresh coriander.
- Once your turkey is cooked, slice into strips and add to the salad, finishing with a squeeze of half a lime over the bowl.