Taste-wise, these mini baked treats are not just your average doughnuts and they go perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee. The combination of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon in this recipe is so comforting and enough to turn anyone into a tea and doughnut addict! These were really fun to make and all you’ll need additionally to your normal cake equipment is a mini doughnut tray which you can get online for less than a fiver! Dip those bad boys in some icing and get creative with whatever decoration you choose. Then sit back and enjoy with a hot beverage.
Ingredients makes 12
- 1 doughnut tray which contains 12 mini donut moulds
- 160g self raising flour
- 120g unsalted butter or stork cake spread
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 50g icing sugar for icing
- 100s and 1000s sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/165°C/325°F.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and cream together slowly using a spoon.
- Add the flour and stir together until all is combined (this will stop the flour from going everywhere once you whisk). Then add the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and mix together a little more.
- Create a well in the centre of the mix and add you eggs and milk. Give it a little mix and then time to whisk together using your electric whisk. Do this for about 5 minutes until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the mix to a piping bag and pipe into the doughnut moulds. Fill each one to the rim of the mould.
- Put in the oven for around 10-12 minutes until risen. Leave to cool.
- For your icing, use approx 50 grams of icing sugar, mixing a little drop of water in each time until you have a smooth icing.
- Dip them in the icing and then into the sprinkles.
- Make a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!