After a long weekend off for Easter, I think we’re all feeling a little bit glum and a tiny bit heavier from indulging in drink, food and a lot of chocolate. Some of you may even of have had too much of all three. Not us of course… So now is the perfect time for a meal that will lift you up into a fresh vibrant mood, helping you feel healthy again! This dish is pretty much free from carbs and packed with delicious veggie power!
Ingredients serves 2
- 100g of mushrooms
- 4 or 5 asparagus
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped into big chunks)
- 1 thumb size stick of ginger (grated)
- 2 clove of garlic (lightly crushed but left whole)
- 4 or 5 tender stem broccoli
- 1 lime (cut in half)
- 150ml boiling water
- tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
- 4 chicken thighs on the bone (skin on)
- 1 heaped tsp miso paste
- With about a tbsp of oil, fry the veg in a frying pan until lightly brown. Add the water, soy sauce and sugar, then give it a good stir to coat the veg.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 2/150°C/300°F. Add the vegetables to a small deep tray and add the two lime halves. Put in the oven for 45 minutes, occasionally taking out to stir.
- When the 45 minutes has almost come to an end, score the chicken thighs with a sharp knife and rub the miso paste into the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- On a high heat and with a little oil, fry the chicken on both sides for a couple of minutes to give it a nice golden brown colour.
- Add the chicken onto either a seperate tray, or on a rack over the vegetables to add extra flavour.
- Cook for a further 20-25 minutes in the oven at the same temperature until the chicken is cooked through.