Melted Stilton is just to die for when melted on a rich meat such as beef or this fantastic pulled pork and the apple is the perfect sweet company. This is ideal to serve up to your mates to enjoy with a few beers. It’s totally worth the wait!
Ingedients makes 10
- Pork shoulder joint
- 10 soft white rolls
- 200ml water
- Bramley apple sauce
- Pot roasting tray with a rack
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 2/150°C/300°F. Rub the pork in salt and pepper with a little oil and sear on a high heat in a frying pan.
- Place on top of the rack in the roasting tray and pour the water underneath. Place the lid on top. If you don’t have a pot roasting tray, you can put a grill rack into a deep tray and cover it with tin foil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 4-5 hours until it falls apart with a fork.
- Once it is ready, take it out and turn the oven up to gas mark 6/180°C/350°F. Let is rest for 15 minutes and then shred the pork apart on a plate.
- A lot of the water should have evaporated, so add about a 100ml of boiling water to the tray and use a fish slice or spatula to deglaze the bottom of the tray which will start to form a rich gravy. Add the pork back to the gravy and coat evenly.
- Cut your buns up and then place them on a new tray. Add your pork to the bottom half of the bun and break up some Stilton over the top. Then, spread the top half of the buns with a generous coating of Bramley apple sauce. Close your bun tops and brush with the melted butter and place in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes until the top is golden. You may need a few separate trays to fit them all on.