This is an age old classic dessert which we have turned into an healthy alternative for breakfast. Packed with fruits, yoghurt, chia seeds and oats to keep you going until lunch time. Once left overnight, the oats and chia seeds soak up the yoghurt, turning it into a moreish creamy breakfast which will lift your spirits in the morning!
Ingredients makes 4 150ml pots
- 1 large over ripe banana
- A large handful of mixed berries
- 400g greek yoghurt
- 4 heaped tsp’s of porridge oats
- 2 heaped tsp’s of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric or a few drops of natural yellow dye
- For the best results, freeze your banana the night before making the pots and then it will quickly defrost the next day and give the best flavour possible.
- Chop up the fresh berries and dispense evenly to the bottom of each pot.
- Using two thirds of the yoghurt, blend with the banana and add the dye or turmeric. Stir in the oats until it turns yellow.
- Stir in your chia seeds to the remaining third of the yoghurt.
- Layer the pots with double the amount of banana yogurt first and then a thin layer of the chia seed yogurt.
- Wrap tight with cling film and leave over night ready to eat the next morning.