This is a lovely side for a barbecue or can even be the the main dish with a nice salad and fries if you’re vegetarian. Gorgonzola is an amazingly creamy cheese, which packs a punch with that blue running through it. With a little olive oil and a few tomatoes an ordinary mushroom is taken to a new level of awesome.
Ingredients serves 4
- 4 large mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 heaped tsp butter (softened to room temperature)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- 120g Gorgonzola cheese
- salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil to finish.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- For each mushroom, use a spoon to scrap out the gills (brown ridged part that goes all around the inside of the mushroom).
- Mince or finely chop the garlic and mix it in with the butter, spread this evenly between each mushroom.
- Dice the cheese into cm cubes and then place them with 4 tomato quarters in each mushroom.
- Put the mushrooms on a tray in the oven for around 20 minutes. Halfway through, check the mushrooms and carefully tip out the excess water into the sink.