Parmesan chicken is a classic that is so simple yet packed with flavour. This Parmesan chicken burger is a game changer. Add that Parmesan chicken to a bun with a little rocket and it makes the tastiest burger going. No added sauce is necessary as you have that wonderful marinara covered in fresh melted mozzarella. Enjoy with some crispy fries and you are on to a winner.
Ingredients serves 4
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 50g plain white flour
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 100g panco breadcrumbs
- 4 heaped tbsp marinara sauce
- 175g fresh mozzarella (about 1 and half balls)
- 4 toasted burger buns
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half length ways – as if your were going to butterfly it, to make 4 smaller breasts ready for burgers.
- Mix the Parmesan and breadcrumbs together. From left to right have a bowl of seasoned flour, then egg, followed by the Parmesan and breadcrumb mix. Then from left to right, dip in each bowl making sure that the chicken is evenly coated.
- With about two tbsp of oil in two separate pans, fry the chicken on each side until golden brown and then lay on a tray ready for the oven.
- Add the marinara sauce on top, followed by two slices of mozzarella. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
- Toast the buns and load up!