This lovely lemon chicken is fresh and tasty and a lot healthier than the takeaway version. Only a few simple ingredients and you have a dish to keep a moral high and fend those January blues away! We served it with some simply cooked wholemeal egg fried rice. Happy New Year!
Ingredients Serves 4-5
- 3 large lemons (cut into wedges)
- 4 -5 chicken breasts
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Coriander and toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to gas make 5/190°C/375°F
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts and bake with the lemon wedges for around 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the tray and set this tray aside for later. Place the chicken in a new tray and cover in the oven on its lowest setting.
- Prepare a rice or salad of your choice.
- Remove the lemons from the first tray and place the tray on the hob burner. Add the stock, soy sauce and fish sauce and heat on the hobs highest setting to deglaze the tray and reduce until it’s a thick consistency. Season the sauce to taste.
- Once your sauce is ready, remove the chicken from the oven and slice up to serve. Pour over some sauce, followed by the coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
- Tuck in!