Usually, the granola that you buy in shops is full of sugar and not as healthy as you might think. Making it from scratch is a really easy way to control what goes into it – and it tastes better! This recipe is quick, simple and you can store it away ready to use each morning for at least two weeks.
Ingredients (makes around 600 grams)
- 300g oats
- 100g oat flour (blitz up oats in a blender and you have oat flour)
- 50g toasted almonds (flaked or crushed)
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 70ml water
- 200g raisins
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/350°F.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add the oats, oat flour and toasted almonds.
- Mix together the water, honey and oil in a jug and then tip into the bowl.
- Using your hands, mix together all of the ingredients well.
- Line a deep tray with baking paper and add the mixture. Press down slightly in order to create some clusters.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then leave on the side in the open air for 10 – 15 minutes to cool and harden. Add the raisins before placing it in an airtight container for storage.
- Take out for breakfast!