This is a fun way of turning your favourite desserts into healthier breakfasts! Using granola for the crumble (click here for our recipe), slow roasted rhubarb and bramley apples and a little vanilla infused yoghurt – you have a delicious breakfast! You can cook the fruit the night before and assemble it in minutes the next morning ready to go.
Ingredients (makes up 4-6)
- 2 whole rhubarb
- 1 large bramley apple
- 2 heaped tbsp granola (per pot)
- 3 heaped tbsp yoghurt (per pot)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste (per pot)
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 2/150°C/300°F.
- Cut each rhubarb into 4 pieces and the apple into roughly 12 segments.
- Put the fruit on a tray lined with baking paper and bake for around 20-30 minutes until cooked.
- Heat up the runny honey in the microwave for around 10 seconds and then brush onto the fruit. Return the fruit to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the tray and leave to cool. Store in the fridge, ready to use for your breakfast pots.
- When loading up your pot, add a little of the rhubarb or bramley apple, followed by the granola and then yoghurt mixed with a half a teaspoon of vanilla paste (optional), repeat again on top for one more layer.