Quick, easy and healthier pancakes to start your day off right! Just banana, oatmeal and water. All you need is a blender and a non stick frying pan and you are ready to go, we made a lovely chocolate sauce to go with it consisting of only dark chocolate and maple syrup. Add a little fruit and you have a breakfast of champions.
Ingredients serves 2
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 small bananas (over ripe are better)
- 175ml water
For chocolate sauce (optional);
- 50g 75% or higher dark chocolate
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Using a blender, blitz up the oats until they turn into a fine flour.
- Add the banana and blitz together.
- Add the mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the water bit by bit until you have a consistency not too thick, not too runny! You may not need to use all of the water.
- Heat a non stick frying pan for a few minutes until it reaches a medium heat.
- Add around 2 tbsp’s of the mixture for each pancake. 2-3 minutes on each side, until a little golden brown. This should make around 6 small pancakes.