Cut the carbs out completely of this traditional pasta dish! Using the beautiful combination of bacon/pancetta mixed with cabbage, all you need is to add a carbonara sauce! This only takes a few basic ingredients and you are left with something simple and satisfying.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 large Savoy cabbage
- 50g Parmesan cheese (a little extra on top)
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp water
- 175g pancetta/bacon lardons
- A generous amount of cracked black pepper
- Cut the root off from the Savoy cabbage and slice into cm strips across from top to bottom. Wash, ready for later.
- In a pan with a lid and about a tsp of olive oil, fry the lardons on a high heat to crisp up, add a generous amount of black pepper and stir in.
- Once the lardons start to colour, add the cabbage and stir – keeping on a high heat. Add the water and cover with a lid to soften the cabbage.
- After a minute or so, take the lid off and stir until the water has gone and the cabbage is slightly coloured. Turn the heat down to low.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese together, along with a little more black pepper.
- Assemble your bowls ready to serve straight away and turn the heat off from the pan.
- Add the egg mixture into the pan and stir quickly together, coating all of the lardons and cabbage. Place into bowls.
- Add a little more Parmesan on top to serve.