Spring is here and a new batch of ingredients are at their best. I love spinach in a salad and it has a whole different flavour when it’s cooked. Peppers are coming and bring a lovely sweetness when roasted. Halloumi just works so well in the salad with its salty goodness.
ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 3 bell peppers (preferably one of each colour)
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 200g spinach leaves
- 250g halloumi cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark mark 4/170°C/350°F.
- Cut the peppers into strips, mix with the rapeseed oil, salt and pepper and then roast on a tray for 25-30 minutes until soft. Take out and leave to slightly cool.
- Slice the halloumi into half center meter strips and cook the in a frying pan with no oil until golden brown on each side.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together with the lemon juice and serve. The Oil from the peppers will mix with the lemon to create a dressing.