These desserts are easy and fun to make. They are a fantastic treat for kids but us adults can enjoy them too! Little chocolate meringue nests, topped with cream, strawberries and mini eggs! Make these little indulgent treats this weekend to get you in the Easter spirit.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200ml double cream
- 1 pack mini eggs (90g)
- 8 large strawberries (cut into quarters)
For the meringues:
- 2 large egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
What you’ll need:
- Baking paper
- Piping bags
- Electric whisk
- Preheat the oven down to gas mark 1/140°C/275°F.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the eggs until stiff.
- Slowly add the sugar and beat until the mixture it stiff and glossy.
- Gently sprinkle over the cocoa powder and fold in with a big spoon until slightly mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and slowly pipe onto baking paper on a tray in circles to create 4 little nests. Don’t worry about being too neat.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then turn the oven to gas mark 1/2 /130°C/250°F and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip your cream until thick enough to spoon on top of the nests.
- Leave the meringue nests to cool and then add your cream, strawberries and mini eggs!
- Happy Easter!