We all want that healthy meal that is still packed with flavour and this is just one of them. A little naughty with the bacon but this dish is packed with goodness from the peas, lean chicken to the beautiful roasted veg with lentils. Just a little prep to do and then the rest just comes easy. Enjoy!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- 10-14 rashers of good quality streaky bacon
- 1 cup of frozen garden peas
- 200g low fat ricotta
- 1 clove garlic
- Generous pinch of fresh mint
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 red onion
- 1 large handful of pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 250g ready to eat puy lentils packets
- Season with salt and pepper
- Serve with a generous grating of Parmesan cheese
- Run the peas under cold water until they have defrosted. This should take no longer than a few minutes.
- Using a blender, wiz together the peas with the ricotta, garlic, mint, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190°C/375°F.
- Length ways from the bottom of the chicken breast, cut a little pocket into each one and then stuff with the pea mixture.
- Wrap each one carefully using the streaky bacon and then place into a roasting tray.
- Roughly chop the veg and add place around the chicken in the roasting tray. Drizzle with a little oil and cook for roughly 30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Cook your puy lentils, following the package guidelines. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the tray and mix the veg and juices with the Puy lentils in a pan with the lemon juice, pine nuts and a little salt and pepper.
- Serve along side the chicken with a generous grating of Parmesan cheese.