BBQ season is coming and it’s time to freshen up your sun kissed meat feasts. Please your guests with our new sausage burger packed with sweetness from the beautiful in season apricots, topped off with a fried egg. What could be more indulgent?
Ingredients serves 4
- 8 medium good quality plain sausages
- 4 fresh apricots
- 1 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp cruhed fennel
- 4 burger buns
- 4 small eggs
- salt and pepper
- Peel the apricots with a peeler, remove the seed and the dice them small. In a pan with a tiny splash of oil, reduce on a high heat until they begin to soften. Turn the heat down and add in the sage and fennel. Once it turns into a paste, turn the heat off and remove into a bowl to cool down.
- Remove the sausage casings into a large mixing bowl and add the cooled down apricot mixture. mix well with a little salt and a good amount of pepper. Remember the sausages have already been season before buying.
- Split into 4 equal sized burgers and then BBQ until on both sides are cooked through. Alternatively you can pan fry them.
- Pan fry 4 eggs and toast your buns to serve.