This will honestly take you less than half hour, until you are chomping your way to mouth-watering ecstasy. The combination of ingredients along with a few extras not mentioned in the title; red onion, pine nuts and balsamic glaze, combined together with the puff pastry is the perfect snack. You could even make smaller, bite size tarts for parties too.
- 320-350g easy roll puff pastry
- 75g soft goats cheese (log)
- 2 figs
- ½ small red onion
- 4 strips of unsmoked streaky bacon
- 1 small handful of pine nuts
- Balsamic over the top to finish
- 1 egg whisked for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Slice the figs into ½ cm slices and then quarter each one.
- Cut the onion into thin rings. In a small pan with a splash of oil, slightly sweat down the onions on a medium heat and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry, keeping it on the non-stick paper and place on a tray.
- Score around the puff pastry sheet, about a thumb size width from the edge. This will create the crust.
- Evenly spread out the rest of the ingredients (leave out the balsamic glaze), within the crust. You can tear the bacon up or leave it whole if you want.
- Egg wash the crust and bake for around 12-15 minutes.
- finish by trickling a little balsamic glaze over the top of the tart.
- Tuck in!