Mother’s day is nearly upon us and what better way to celebrate, than waking mum up with a tasty homemade breakfast? Start the day by putting a smile on mum’s face, because we guarantee our delicious eggy bread with bacon and parmesan crisps, will cheer anyone up!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 slices of mum’s favourite bread
- 2 eggs
- Splash of milk
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk, salt, pepper and a third of the parmesan.
- Dice the bacon rashers up and crisp up in a pan on a high heat. Turn the heat down and stir every once in a while.
- Add the eggs to a flat tray so that you can fit your bread to coat them. Add the bread and turn on both sides, ensuring that all of the egg mixture has soaked evenly into the bread.
- Add the oil to another pan on a medium heat and then add your bread. Turn over once it has turned to a nice light brown colour.
- Once the bread is cooked, remove and grate the rest of the parmesan evenly all over the pan until it has slightly changed colour, use a spatula to remove and manipulate or break up into any shape you want.
- Add the crispy bacon and parmesan crisps on top of the eggy bread.
- Serve with your mum’s favourite cuppa.