Rocket is at its best this time of year and we just love it! With its peppery kick, it goes so well with number of dishes; scattered on pizzas, on the side with meat or in a salad. Simply put, this versatile leaf is fantastic. In this recipe we decided to use it in our pesto as an alternative to basil, accompanied by delicious parmesan fries.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 steaks of your choice
- 200g potatoes (peeled)
- 50ml olive or rapeseed oil
- 20g Parmesan to serve
- 40g rocket
- 20g parmesan cheese
- 20g pine nuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200℃/400℉.
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan over a medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients into a blender and then blitz until coarse. We found it was better to finish off in a pestle and mortar until a smoother consistency is achieved.
- Cut your potatoes into thin fries and then blanch into boiling water for 2 minutes, strain and leave to steam dry.
- Meanwhile add 50ml of oil to a tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the chips to the hot oil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- When there is roughly 5 to 10 minutes left cook your steak to how you desire and rest it for a few minutes.
- Add the fries to a paper towel to get rid of the excess oil, serve alongside the steak, grate your parmesan cheese over the top of the fries, and add the pesto on top of the steak.